Internal Audit Manager
Our client is one of the leading private healthcare groups in East Africa running 3 Hospitals and 14 Clinics across Kenya and Home Care Business, with over 25 years in the health industry. The client runs 300 hospital beds with over 1000 staff members, and more than 400 specialists and serves over 400,000 patients annually offering primary, secondary and tertiary healthcare services. The client is looking for an Internal Audit Manager to assist the Board to manage the Group’s Internal Audit activities.
Job Objective /Purpose
Providing an independent and objective appraisal of the organizations financial, operational, and internal control activities to the Audit Committee of the Board, conducting of general audit to determine the adequacy of, and level of compliance to set rules, regulations, and procedures.
In addition to appraising these controls, the Internal Audit Manager will also provide recommendations for improving these controls and other aspects of the business.
- Formulating and implementing the internal audit strategy and audit plans to evaluate the standards of risk management, accuracy of records, procedures, and control systems.
- Planning, organizing, and carrying out internal audit duties including the preparation of an audit plan which identifies and evaluates all the major risks of the Company on an annual basis.
- Advising Management and the Audit Committee of the Board on audit, risk, and control issues.
- Evaluating the financial and operational procedures for adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls.
- Develop, implement, and control the Internal Audit budget,
- Ensuring compliance and adherence to statutory requirements concerning information management such as audit, risk management, copyright, and freedom of information.
- Auditing the policies, procedures, systems, and other activities of the Company and providing recommendations for improving controls over the Company’s financial reporting, operations (effectiveness and efficiency), and compliance with laws and regulations.
- Any other duty as assigned by the supervisor in line with the job description.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Management, or any related discipline from a recognized university.
- A qualified Accountant with certifications such as CPA (K), ACCA, or equivalent qualification.
- Membership of IIA and ISACA will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience gained preferably in an audit firm to the level of senior auditor or with a healthcare organization to the level of Senior Internal Auditor and above.
- Strong exposure and proficiency in computerized audit systems.
- A thorough understanding and knowledge in financial management.
- A superior communicator and presenter with sound commercial judgment