Job Title: Tax Manager
Reports to: Partner In charge Tax
Job Purpose Statement: To work closely with the partner, managers and other staff in the firm to serve individual and corporate clients in matters relating to Income tax, statutory deductions, VAT, WHT, Customs and Excise duty, International tax, and other taxes /levies.
Salary Range & Benefits: Commensurate with experience, standard firm benefits
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for managing client portfolio and ensuring client service delivery;
- Ensure that all client assignments are well planned and conducted to the required standards, within agreed time and financial budgets and in adherence to the firm’s approved procedures and methodologies;
- Management of staff in the tax department;
- Communicating risk strategy and policies for tax;
- Participating in budgeting as well as monthly and year-end reporting;
- Debtor and Work in Proress management;
- Responsible for implementation of the tax department strategy and overall firm strategy;
- Assessing the impact of changes in tax laws and accounting principles on clients’ business;
- Develop and manage sound business relationships, market the firm with the aim of maintaining and winning new business;
- Keep abreast with technical developments in the profession and the country in order to anticipate client needs, and offer value added and practical business solutions;
- Leverage knowledge and contribute to proper knowledge management within the department including training and overall guidance on different aspects;
- Responsible for supervising and coaching junior team members; and,
- Recruitment of staff in tax department subject to approval and participation in overall recruitment for the office
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Proven work experience and delivery excellence
- Excellent knowledge of tax laws and rules
- Strong in analytical thinking, attention to detail, organisational skills meeting deadlines, problem solving and work ethics.
- Exceptional client service along with the ability to develop excellent client relationships
- Strong leadership and personnel management skills
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal communication skills, with a strong emphasis on verbal and written communication;
Education and Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting finance, Law and or Higher Diploma in tax administration or the equivalent combination of education training and work experience.
- A Minimum of at least 5 years’ experience is required as well as one or more relevant professional certifications or pursuing completion of the professional courses (i.e. CPA, ACCA)
- Public accounting firm or Revenue Authrority experience is desirable.
Reports to: Partner In – Charge of Accountancy
Job Purpose Statement
Responsible for all financial and fiscal management aspects of company operations. Provide leadership and coordination in the administrative, business planning, accounting, Cost management and budgeting efforts of the company.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Create, coordinate, and evaluate the financial programs and supporting information systems of the company to include budgeting and tax planning;
- Recommend and coordinate changes and improvements in automated financial and management systems for the company;
- Ensure compliance with local all statutory requirements;
- Oversee the approval and processing of revenue, expenditure, and position control documents, department budgets, mass salary updates, ledger, and account maintenance and data entry;
- Ensure compliance of all Financial Budgets and accounting of all costs;
- Coordinate with all Accounts Associates on their Finance Management projections and organizational Budgeting;
- Coordinate the preparation of financial statements, financial reports, special analyses;
- Develop and implement finance, accounting, billing, and auditing procedures;
- Establish and maintain appropriate internal control safeguards;
- Interact with other managers to provide consultative support to planning initiatives through financial and management information analyses, reports, and recommendations
- Ensure records systems are maintained in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards
- Develop and direct the implementation of strategic business and/or operational plans, projects, programs, and systems;
- Analyze cash flow, cost controls, and expenses to guide business leaders. Analyze financial statements to pinpoint potential weak areas;
- Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures;
- Serve on planning and policy-making processes;
- To oversee and supervise all administrative staff and conduct their reviews;
- Ensuring that daily, all the jobs and tasks are updated and completed on Jetpack and the timesheet is completed and shared with the Manager and Partner;
- Other duties as assigned.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience in Accounts and Financial planning and execution.
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems. Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
- Proficiency in written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
Education and Qualification
- Combination of the completion of a Masters Degree in Finance or Accounting, 5 years of experience in a senior-level finance or accounting position, and a CPA.